2/08/2013

Live with Intention

I have been teaching yoga for five years, practicing since 1992, seriously for shorter periods of time in my life, spanning into longer periods spanning into years, landing on today. I have discussed "intention" both as a practioner and as a teacher. Today I discovered this idea "What if we set an intention for all the different things we do in our lives -- disciplining our children, cooking a meal, our work projects, our workouts, readings, writings, long runs and short runs, races, interactions with friends and loved ones. Setting and sharing an intention reveals who we are, it also allows us to regroup and reassess if things go astray, intention infuses life with meaning. I open each of my Yoga classes inviting my students to set an intention for the practice -- my go to phrase is "Take this moment to set an intention for your practice, bringing meaning to the movement, the breath and the space in-between." As I set out for my run today I pause and breathe in the moment reaffirming the fact that this is where I want to be, what I want to be doing, this is part of me, this is a gift, as natural feeling as my favorite running shoes and in that moment I set my intention to set intentions in my life, to follow through, to keep it real, to enjoy, to inspire and to be inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment