1/28/2013

Running Free

I hit the pavement at 4:38 this morning, the air was calm and smooth, my stride fell into sync within moments. A short run today; I ran without my watch, nothing to guide me but my breath, the rhythm of my heartbeat and the shine of the moon -- I ran free. As I rounded the corner to my turn at the rivers bend I felt a feeling of gratitude wash over me. Gratitude for my feet, my legs, my strong lungs, but maybe more than any of these things I felt a deep sense of connection to the space around me, below me and above me. Running at the bottom of the Salmon River Canyon alongside two rivers, with the moon shining bright, lighting my way, the silhouette of the mountains rugged with their strong embrace and the solid ground beneath -- today I ran free, today I ran with gratitude in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment