12/28/2012

The Support Crew

Took a test run with my new hydration pack yesterday, I think I am going to really like it! The test run got me thinking about gear and time out on the trails as well the support crews that are so vital throughout the journey. The race directors, the aid station volunteers, the other runners, the beautiful faces at the start and the finish line -- these people are all amazing and incredibly valuable. But on my run I thought about the husbands and wives, friends and family, the running partners and co workers -- all of these people play an integral part in the process. Without support we are alone, while running long is generally enjoyed as a solo sport -- it is the embrace at the end of the race that holds us up, that fills our hearts with content and connection. Here's to the sons and daughters, the husbands and wives, the mom's and dad's, the runner and non runner friends it is our support crews that holds us up when we most need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment