12/19/2012

The First Three Miles

I love to run, I love to run early in the morning, afternoon and night. Running is part of me and I am part of running -- it is mine... However I do not, have not, will not, love the first three miles. I do not love them in the morning, the afternoon or at night. I do not love them with a friend or on a trail I do not love them in a race or up a hill. The first three miles are a drag, I lag, lament and limp. Ahhh, but this, this is all temporary though the minutes feel like months, I know that the next mile is on the horizon. As I step into the fourth mile my heart lifts, my shoulders drop and I fly free, gliding above the ground. At mile four I scoot and scamper; I hit my zone and I go, I could run for miles and mile and miles. I love to run.... I love to run early in the morning, the afternoon and night. Running is part of me and I am part of running.

No comments:

Post a Comment