12/27/2012

Looking toward 2013

Santa has come and gone in the Crump Castle, now it is time to get serious with a big smile and hearty laugh! I am sitting down to create my 2013 list of plans and goals. This is one of my very favorite times of year, the psychological greatness of a new year is powerful and palpable. Each year I get a new notebook, I plan and set goals, I write lists, I make notes, I get so excited. The last two years of been pretty amazing, my fitness journey has taken flight and I am so happy for this. It has been the last year that has changed my life in ways I never would have imagined nor did I plan for or set goals to create. My first half marathon was on February 19th 2012 and I thought "I will do that again but I sure as hell will not run 26.2 miles forget that." -- now I am planning to run the entire Idaho Ultra Series which includes a 100 mile race. Something shifted in me, I cannot pinpoint it but I feel it and I am ready to cultivate it. In planning for 2013, I will log miles, run races, train hard, I will also enjoy the journey, the scenery, the friendships, I will continue to learn how to balance family with a running obsession, I will find new trails, new routes, I will find out new things about myself, my strengths and my limits. I will remain committed to my goals and flexible in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment